Coast Mountain Benefits Inc. is owned and operated by a Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant and as such has the tax expertise to ensure that our private health services plans are appropriately structured to meet Canada Revenue Agency ("CRA") requirements while being tailored to individual customers. In this way, Coast Mountain customers realize the maximum benefits of a private health services plan.
Our Mission Statement
To make Canadian employers and business owners aware that PHSP's exist and that they therefore have a dental, vision and health care plan option that is both cost efficient and effective. To make them aware that PHSP's are a CRA initiative and not an insurance product and that governing body is CRA and not the insurance industry. To make them aware that not all PHSP's are the same and that there are significant differences between providers that, in the long term, may affect them. To stucture and administer our plans with a focus on compliance and not profit.
- To make certain that our Private Health Services Plans are structured properly
- by getting to know our customers,
- through comprehensive documentation, and
- through continuous staff development.
- To stay abreast of current CRA legislation, case law, rulings and interpretations through the use of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA) online research platform.
- We subscribe to
- a complete Federal Tax library with access to relevant legislation, rulings, case law, and publications
- a Federal Income Tax news letter (a daily update on new legislation, case law, rulings and interpretations and more)
Coast Mountain Benefits Inc. was founded by Mike Frankenberger, a Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant. After obtaining his CPA, CA* designation in 1990 while at Deloitte & Touche, he completed level one of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants in-depth taxation course. Subsequently, as a business owner, Mike's regulatory and compliance experience was enhanced by successfully filing numerous Canada Revenue Agency Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit claims and by working with securities regulators to successfully take several companies public.
As a business owner and employer for the 17 years prior to starting Coast Mountain Benefits Inc., Mike was dissatisfied with the various group plan options available. He became convinced that private health services plans (as allowed by Canada Revenue Agency) provided a cost efficient and effective alternative to group plans and so started Coast Mountain Benefits Inc.
Coast Mountain Benefits Inc. is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional advice. If legal, accounting, or other expert assistance is required, the service of a competent professional person should be sought.